How to get into MEGABOOK
MEGABOOK M2 Comic Book Submission
Hello MEGABOOK Minions!
It's that time again to start thinking about submitting stories for MEGABOOK M2. But First let me say a huge THANKS to all of you who submitted your amazing work to this humble little indie publisher for MEGABOOK M1. It has been a raging success, and continues to spread virally throughout the internet! I will continue to do my best to help each of you get the Limelight that your hard work so richly deserves. We are definitely getting noticed and MEGABOOK is a force to recon with!
I want MEGABOOK M2 to surpass its predessor, we want to break the 300 page barrier, so go out and tell all your indie buddies how awesome MEGABOOK is! Those of you who submitted for MEGABOOK M1, you already qualify, but everyone who hasn't done so yet, you need to get into M2 so you can participate in the MEGABOOK M3 special edition. M3 details will be announced soon. It will be a really cool project. I'm also pondering something VERY neat for M2 so don't miss out!
Remember everyone, that those old stories collecting dust in your closet may have been seen before by your fans, but not by MEGABOOK fans. So go digging for that golden nugget from the 90's if you still have it. Stretch your publicity as faaaar as humanly possible so you can be widely read and appreciated. And if you are an artist looking for work, bug these pubbies below, they are all really great people to work with.
Back Row Comics
Lightning Comics(through CE Publishing)
Red Leaf Comics
Red Lion Publications
Twilight Star Studios
Details, Details.... What I need from you, and answers to some questions
Please make sure that I have all of the following information for each of your story submissions.
- Names of all artists and writers to be credited as they should appear in the MB index.
- Pages to be formatted to standard Kablam comic page format (not necessarily that we would be using them, just a nice format page, see attached) just in case we decided to make a hardcopy version of this book. See attached file. 300 dpi resolution, .tiff, jpg or eps format. Preferrably .tiff.
- Contact CE Publishing at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your dropbox access to upload files for review and publication
- Publishers please send me a copy of your logo so I can place it on the cover of the book.
- Every story gets a free ad page. So if you'd like one to sport your services as an artist/writer or publisher. You can have one (or more with approval) ad page for additional stories as a gold star prize (more than 1 page submissions please, no cheaters). Ads must follow the publishing rules as stated below for story publication.
- MEGABOOK will be submitted to Graphicly for panel formatting on JULY 15, 2012. So please have your stories in as soon as possible. The order of the book stories will be whoever submits stories first. So don't be lazy, get your stories in like MAgnus & Martin Malin the #1 & #2 story spots in the next MEGABOOK M2!
- Please DO NOT number your pages in your graphic, but DO number them in your file name.
Rules for MEGABOOK!
1. You own your own work. I don't want it, I have enough of my own stuff to keep track of. You may publish your works in as many different publications as you wish, I don't care. I'm just privileged to have you aboard the MEGA BOOK!
2. Some of you may know each other from past lives. Good, bad or otherwise, please be courteous to all of the members involved with MEGABOOK. All I know is that you are all my friends and that's good enough for me. Please promote and encourage all members of this new MEGABOOK society.
3. NO foul language. What I mean is basically no "F" words. Shit, Damn, Crap, Holy Shit, Nards, etc. light cussing allowable but sparingly. Keep your cursing to a PG-13 rating if possible. Remember that you are publishing stories that may be read by young readers.
4. BLOOD, GUTS, GORE, and GUNS are highly encouraged. This book is about all out ACTION, Mystery, Horror and Heroes!
5. NO SEX! NO NUDITY! Some skin is meeh, ok, (ex: read MEGABOOK M1). Keep it as clean as possible. PLEEEZ. Think about if you'd like any of your family members or maybe how about your MOM to read MEGABOOK. I don't want to have to answer to complaints. Especially from your MOM!
6. For writing submissions... Just because your script is approved doesn't mean the artwork is approved. I must approve a completed story prior to publication. And CE Publishing is NOT going to produce the artwork for your script. Sorry, I just don't have enough time.
7. You must be the owner or approved team representative for your story. If any dispute arises from any art team members or said claimants to your story, it will be pulled immediatly from the publication. So please, make sure all of your team members are on board prior to your MEGABOOK submission.
8. The Publisher, CE Publishing Group, Mike Rickaby has the right to NOT print anything if he doesn't want to. But he is a nice guy as long as you play by the spirit and intent of the above rules we'll get along fine. Overlord Mike may change the rules as needed to clarify your subserviant status to the MEGABOOK EMPIRE!
OK everyone, that's it for now. Again thanks for your participation! I know this will be a MASSIVE success for us all! If you don't make it into this book it's ok, there will be another one. So don't give up on seeing your stories in print! I will be sending out updates on status and nag you for your artwork in the coming weeks.
Your Friend and Fan,
Copyright 2012 CE Publishing Group
Draw on your Screen!
Amazon Price: $599.00
Amazon Price: $299.00
Get Manga Studio!
Amazon Price: $75.40
List Price: $79.99
Amazon Price: $49.75
List Price: $299.99
This Hub was last updated on February 1, 2013
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.